Sunday, August 31, 2008

An hour an 15 minutes to go~~

Today's been a GREAT day!! I had bed babies at church today, and got to love on some sweeties!! I LOVE having the bed babies at church. Shane thought it would make me want to have MORE babies, but having 5 at a time, actually did the EXACT opposite!! I get to kiss on them for a couple of hours, and send them home. We came home, and then I napped... FOR TWO HOURS!!!!!!!!! What?!?! I had lesson plans I needed to be typing, because 1 page of them took me HOURS on Friday, but hopefully, once I get them all redone, they'll be DONE!! ANYWAY, it was a GREAT nap! I got up, did a little sewing, and fixed something that the boys LOVED!! My boys LOVE shrimp, and normally, I just saute them in a little butter. Today, Shane said he wanted it "thicker". SOOOO, I decided to put my butter in the pan, add garlic, salt, pepper, and a little flour. After I mixed that up really well, I then added a little cream to make a roux (I am not sure how to spell that, it is like a white sauce, that you can use as a base for cheesey dishes), and then just threw in those puppies. It was SUCH a hit with them!! Just thought I'd tell you how just in case!!
Well, I guess I only have 4 people that read my blog AND cook chicken!! I am going to post the 5 recipes I received. I am going to try all of them, and will get back with you as to the family's fav! It will take me a couple of weeks to try them all, as I won't do it 5 nights in a row!! hee hee
This is Kristi's recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplins'
**First i put boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into halves in the crock pot ( I used two packs). Then cover with one large can of cream of chicken soup(I use family size), one bag of frozen chopped onion (this is just easier and faster than using fresh onion you have to cut), 1 stick of butter cut up, and some salt and pepper....then cover well with water. The trick is the water...if you put too much water then it will taste watered down and won't be gravy like at the end of the day...and too little water will make it dry out and stick to the bottom. I cover it all well with water...atleast half way up the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours ( or more if you aren't coming home before then...just make sure it doesn't run out of water)...then the last 30 min. you will take the cheap canned biscuits (I use about 2 or three cans of biscuits) and tear in halves or thirds and drop it on top of the cooked chicken liquid and cover again and let puff up for about 30 min....
Here are Shanan's 2 recipes
White Chicken Chili
2 cans white beans
1 can mexicorn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, zesty chile flavor
1/2 onion chopped
PERDUE chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cups of water
2 packages of McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix.
Mix together and cook in crock pot. I serve this with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crackers. Good when it is much cooler outside than it is right now!

Chicken Artichoke Salad
2 cans white meat chicken (does Perdue make chicken in a can?)
(I guess you could use Purdue white meat and cut it all up!)
Artichoke hearts, drained and chopped or cut up into pieces
sliced celery
chopped red onion
chopped walnuts
light mayonnaise (You could use a little mustard too.)
salt and pepper
curry powder
a couple of squeezes of lemon juice
Mix all together and chill in refrigerator until it gets good and cold. Eat on bread or with some crackers
This recipe is from Sara - She is the ONLY local chicken eater, and is Shanan's sister
CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 can chopped green chilies
1 pkg of cream cheese-soft
3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken(I use whatever chicken I have-breast, tenders-just make sure its Perdue)
Flour tortillas
2 pkgs of Monterey Jack cheese (I usually buy the blocks and grate it myself-just makes it better)
2 cups of WHIPPING CREAM!!
Melt butter in skillet-saute onions til tender, add green chilies-saute for a minute or two. Stir in cream cheese and chicken-cook and stir constantly until cheese melts
Spoon the desired amount of chicken mixture onto tortilla, roll up tortilla and place in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Repeat til all mixture is gone, Sprinkle monterey jack cheese; drizzle with whipping cream Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
I salt and pepper my chicken mixture-alot of times, I double the recipe because it is great warmed up. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa, and cheese dip
Finally-this recipe is from my Aunt Beetle in Illinois
Crunchy Chicken
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Bake: 1 hour at 350
8 chicken breasts, halved
2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic (pressed)
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup butter, melted
Wash chicken and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend cracker crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter and then in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange in shallow pan. Pour remaining butter over chicken and bake for one hour. Do NOT turn chicken.
So there you go!! I had a picture to post tonight, but I think this is long enough!! I am SHARING the recipes, even if you didn't post one!! I can't wait to try them all!! I'll let you know the results! If you try the recipe first, let me know how it goes! Have a GREAT night, and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! Love to all!! Jerri

0 comments:

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!