Thursday, August 7, 2008

Moms are great...

Guess what GREAT thing happened to me today? My mom fixed my family supper. I am talking, she sent me home with a basket full of goodies, and all of the extras!! It took a person as strong as a chicken farmer to carry it all, and it was DELISH, so Mom, if you're reading, it was the bomb! Thanks so much, it was a lovely surprise!! Also, I want to send a great big shout out to Mindy for signing in to the guest book. Thanks girlie! I also can't forget to mention "Amy and the Colleys" (ya'll sound like a singing group from the 60's! hee hee) Let's pick a day to go to the movies!! Thanks for signing!! If you are reading this, and your name isn't in it, PLEASE sign it for me! I just want to know who might be reading my silly random thoughts of the day!!
I figured I better jot a note tonight, because tomorrow night, I have a youth worker's lock-in, somewhere... I don't have anything in particular that I need to share, just some random bits from my day. One thing I did today, was order an "Uppercase Living" "saying" to go above my bed. I had it narrowed down to 2, and the one that I did NOT pick, said, "Always kiss me goodnight". The one that I picked said, "Together is a wonderful place to be". You are going to know now that I am a dork, because when I typed it the first time, I typed "Together Everyone Accomplishes More" and then reread it, and realized that I am, indeed, a moron. I actually had to go back and look to remember the saying, because I had the 'team' saying in my head!! If you've ever seen it, it is words, or a design, that looks like it is painted, but it is vinyl like, I believe to put on the walls, or whatever you choose.
Now, I am about to share some information with you, that you have been wondering about, ever since you came upon my blog. You ready? Here it is... The #1 song, on the day I was born, was "Brown Sugar", by The Rolling Stones. Now come on, how many times has that come up in your conversations? I'm sure daily. In case it has, you can go to this website:
http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm and you will be able to type in your month, day and year, and find out this very important bit of info. It's great info to have at parties, I'm pretty sure...
Well, I am going to go read a tiny bit and hit the hay! I have some work to do on the blog, but don't feel like it tonight. Be thinking about good chicken recipes, because I am thinking about a contest!! More info to follow!! Have a great night and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all! Jerri

5 comments:

Shanan said...

Will your chicken recipe contest allow me to enter recipes that I have gotten from others?????? :)
Call us tomorrow and ask Cari-Bella to sing a song for you. I can't wait for you to hear it! I am going to try and video her tomorrow and post it on my blog if I have time!
Love ya- Shan

Kristi J said...

I have a great recipe to enter..I might post it tomorrow night....NO, we'll be eating at a b-day party,so maybe one day next week so I can post pics of it too. One of my girl friends wanted the recipe anyways...so I'll post it on my blog when I make it next. Hope school went well this week, kristi

Unknown said...

I will see you tonight!! How cool!! We work the youth on Wednesday sometimes. We used to work with them all the time until we started teaching the young married couples class. See you soon, How cool!!! rhea

Unknown said...

I had a great time as well. I will be in deep prayer for you. I am a talker if you can't already tell so if you need someone to listen or pray for you on the phone just a call away. God is so good. It was neat how he showed up this weekend. -the blog was so easy to change. I am so glad she shares her blog layouts.

Blessings, see you in the father's house tomorrow-rhea

Kristi J said...

Ok...so where's your next post?? I was out for the weekend and didn't post because of a sick baby, but I was looking forward to checking back in tonight on everyone's blogs...come on girl, post!!(:

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!