Monday, August 4, 2008

Hail, Hail, the flock's all here!



I'd like to "holler back" at my friend, Paige, for signing

in to the guest book. She takes care of getting my first born to that scary place called "middle school" each morning... Thanks Paiger!!

It is official, the rest of our babies arrived today. In the first picture, you will see all of the crates beside then man in the house. They are filled with babies. Depending on the day of delivery, sometime they will arrive by bus, and sometime by 18 wheeler. Today they came via the 18 wheeler. Of course, when they call and say that they are coming on the "chick bus" you get the picture of all of these babies, with little lunch boxes, sitting on the seats, and singing. (I know, I'm a dork...)

If some of the chicks look like they are in mid air, it is because they are!! They are emptying all of the crates so they'll be in their new home!! Today is the day that when you go in to the house, they still like humans and flock to you. If you sit on the floor, and tap it, they'll surround you and climb on you. By tomorrow, they scurry like mice when you walk in. Funny what 24 hours will do!! As you can see, it takes a little while to get all of the 27,300 babies "emptied" into each of the houses. In no time at all, they'll lose their fur, and begin to look like a chicken!! I told you that they will run from you from this point on, but I will add, that if you have to run in to check on something, and you are just going to do it really quickly in your flip flops or something, it is important that your toenails aren't painted!! I went in one night for something, I had red polish on my piggies... and oh dear... I think they thought there were 10 fat lady bugs that had found their way into their home!! I don't make that mistake any more!! :o)


I think it is official. I think I may be considered, "A blogger". Now, don't get this confused with logger, a person who cuts timber, and CERTAINLY don't mistake me for a "jogger", a person who exercises!! School officially starts for me tomorrow!! I know that I will have to cut down my blogging, at least until I have my desk top back, as it is SOOOO much quicker. As of Aug 3rd, it was THREE months since my computer went in the shop!!! WHAT?!?! Does he not know how much I miss it, and it misses me?!?! SOOOOO, my question is this... If you happen to read this, for whatever reason, do you think you had prefer me to write every other day, or the 3 days of the weekend? If you have an opinion about this, please share it!!!


One last thing... My S-I-L and B-I-L insist that they can BOTH do the cherry stem trick, and Cary says that he can tie it TWO times!! I am sure that Shane will take this as a challenge, and attempt to master that skill as well. I can hardly lick ice cream off of a spoon, so I am a little tongue challenged, if you will. Is this a pretty common skill, and *I* am the only individual that needs an IEP to get me extra help to learn how to do it? Leaving you with one last picture!! Have a great night, and thanks for sharing a day in the life of a chicken farmer's wife! love to all! Jerri

3 comments:

Shanan said...

My vote...every other day. You can't wait until the weekend. Too much goes on in your life for us not to know about!
BTW, don't forget to take your umbrella to school tomorrow! ha! I am still brain fried from studying!
Love ya! Shan

Unknown said...

Have a great day tomorrow at school.I can't believe we are back at it already. I have been going to Hillcrest since birth. Forever it seems. We teach a young married couples class with the Garnett's. I will have to look you up. We go to the second service what about ya'll? Love to read your blogs. I say every other as well. Take care,

Kristi J said...

If not everyday...then every other day...I wouldn't wait till the weekend...we'd miss too much chicken poop stuff, ha. So, I'm confused...you pour out all the chicks and they run and find a nest or something?? just curious..kj

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!