Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Washed by the water!!


Graceson was DEFINITELY ready to be "washed by the water"! I REALLY hope that the song comes up when the blog is opened!!

A special thanks goes out to my friend Tony for taking this pictures and then for sending them to me! He is out of town, but with a little begging, and promise of some banana pudding, he hooked me up with the photos for my blog friends!! If you'll look at her robe, it almost looks like the outfits that karate kids would wear! You can see in the picture of the child on the steps how that robe is big and long and flowing. This little robe looked to be about a size 2, and one of the other kids didn't get a robe, so she said she'd wear this so he could have one. Isn't that sweet? It didn't really matter anyway, since it was underwater, but I will tell you when it was wet... I had to PEEL it off of her!! I also told you in my last post that I didn't realize that we would be going up there with her, but I will tell you that was the best seat in the house! You can see (by my boobs in the photo) that I was right beside Bro. Bob and then Shane was right up against me. What you see in the water is the seat that everyone sat on, except for Gra, because she was not tall enough, and it would have made her ALREADY be under the water when the service began!!

It has been a great evening. CCMS had their first "real" game (full time and all) against NDMS, and they won 40 to 0! Garrett was first string, and got a lot of play in the 8th grade game, which meant he didn't get to play alot in the 7th grade game. That's o.k., he preferred it that way, I think. He is an offensive guard, which was explained to me, is one of the guys that is trying to keep the other teams guys from your guy that has the ball. He was "guarding" this moose of a boy, that looked like he drove HIMSELF to the game. I wanted to call the other coach, and see if there was a smaller fellow he could put across from my son, but that didn't seem appropriate! This afternoon, I spent about an hour at the Toyota dealership so that they could fix a "recall" on the van. It seems that they recalled the hatchback of the "trunk" part of the van. No big deal, right? Well, it is hydraulic, and automatic to lift and close, which is all good when it is not recalled, but when it IS... you have to get in the weight lifter, world's strongest man position, with one foot in front of the other, open it, get it about a foot or 2 up, then bounce so that your opposite foot is in the front, and repeat until you get it lifted above your head. (Remember, it is pushing AGAINST you trying to close, at a fast rate of speed). So, I holler at the kids to hurry hurry, fast fast when they are getting things, or groceries or bat bags out of the back, so as no one loses a limb!!

I got the "My Space" page to work, although I am looking like a nerd with all of these people at 500+ friends, and I have about 5!! haha OH WELL!! ALSO, I wanted to give you a head's up that my aunt sent a chicken recipe. This is my aunt that has never been told that she WASN'T Martha Stewart switched at birth, so the HEAT IS ON!!! Get those recipes in!! I hope to have a lot to choose from! Monday is the last day!!

I hope everyone has a blessed night, and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! Jerri

4 comments:

Kristi J said...

I love the pics of your sweet girl!! She is just beautiful!!! How awesome...still remember when I was baptized out at Nancy and Glenn's church...what was the name of yall's church...can't remember?? great post, kristi

Unknown said...

Hey Jerri, Yes, I think you were talking about my sister in law, Emily with the baby. She goes to Hillcrest when she is in town. How sweet is that baptism. Great pics. I remember the ole CCMS days. Man we are getting old. Oh and you should get a facebook. That is the place to be. Everyone is on there. Lots of folks from Hoptown are my friends.

Shanan said...

Those are the sweetest pictures ever! Graceson, we are so proud of you and love you so much! We miss you! Come to Texas soon!
Uncle Cary, Aunt Shanan, Soph, and Bella

Unknown said...

How wonderful. I loved the "boobs" in the picture!!! hee hee-you had me rolling. Have a good rest of the week. Blessings,

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!