Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Random blessings!

Instead of adding to my earlier post, I thought I'd just add a new one! Wow! 2 in one night! Of course, I haven't even turned the lap top on in DAYS, so I felt "OBLIGATED!!" HAHA Just kidding!! Before I list my random blessings, I need to give props, and shout out to TWO more friends that have signed in to the guest book!! Of course, I couldn't see it because the new BLANK computer doesn't have adobe, but I will be able to once I reinstall everything, MAYBE!! Thanks goes to Beth M for signing in! She has been helping me get "started" with my new duty at church, of planning/fixing/buying/etc., meals for the youth workers when we have to feed them. I'm still clueless about it all, but I'll learn fast ! MAYBE!! Next, the shout out would HAVE to go to my people, Sara!! I saw her yesterday standing in line at Wal-Mart for Gra's and my prescriptions, and she only recently understood how tickled I get when someone signs it! She is a great cook, so if you see a recipe she posts, you'll surely want to try it!! NOW>>> on to the blessings!!!
1) Graceson will be baptized on Sunday!! She accepted Jesus at the first of April, but had to go through a class at church, "I'm a Christian now" before getting baptized. She was scheduled for June, but I was gone that Sunday to KY Changers, so I insisted I couldn't miss it! She's been very patient, but is VERY excited! It certainly is a relief to have that assurance for your babies!
2) My principal saw how I was feeling like dukie today (not to be confused with chicken poop) and insisted I leave. I ended up sleeping at my mom's for 5 hours. I needed that!!
3) My aunt sent me a package that I got today!! They are 2 of the CUTEST outfits, that I think she has decided looks too young on her!! Only problem is I hope they will conceal my Depends!! HAHA (see previous post!) Isn't it a great day to get a package you weren't expecting and it is a gift?
4) I have been saving up for this picture!! I normally wouldn't spend this on some random decoration for the house, but I LOVED it! I am just grateful that I didn't have a TEN letter last name! I let Graceson help me pick out the pictures for it, and we had to struggle to come to an agreement, but we finally did! Don't you LOVE it? I just really do!!
5) Shanan PASSED her test!! It was stressful, but at least THAT portion is over! It gives her a peace of mind, knowing that she did the right thing by not going back to teaching this year.
6) Garrett's first football game is Saturday. Anyone that knows me, knows that I know JUST ENOUGH to be dangerous, but I am learning more and more each game. I also love watching whatever it is that my kids are playing, so... let the games begin! He will be starting on the 8th grade team, which is exciting for him, being in 7th grade.
7) Gra has been taking care of me the past few days. She has set up the vaporizer, brought me a drink, gotten me medicine, insisted I lay down... isn't that sweet?
8) Cough medicine with codeine... that's all I need to say about that!!
9) Desk top computers!!!!
10) Husbands that are good sports!! Tonight at youth, Shane was the adult chosen, and there was also a youth picked. They had to take a cow tongue with their teeth, and see who could throw it the farthest. Yes, it was real, just out of the package!! EEEEEEEWWWWW! I'm sort of glad I felt yucky enough to come home. I don't know that I could have watched it tonight and then kissed him goodnight!! :)
I think that is it for today. I feel rotten, and I am starting to feel the cough medicine. I encourage everyone to think of 10 blessings that has occurred to and for them today! I have started to learn if you LOOK for them, they'll get easier to spot! Have a great night! Sweet dreams!! (and as Graceson used to say, 'Night night, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite! And if they do... hit 'em with a flip flop!!' love to all!! JA

3 comments:

Shanan said...

Hey...I love the Fowler print. Did you get that at Gracious Me? My mom gave JK and Alison one that said Davis for one of their shower gifts. I am going to have to go there when I come home. Hope you are feeling better!
Love, Shanan

Unknown said...

I love the blessings.-I have like dookie also but better now.  See you Sunday. 

Unknown said...

Suppossed to have said "felt like dookie",  hee hee :)

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!