Tuesday, August 12, 2008

White Jerri, White Jerri, What do you see?

I want to send a great big shout out to my buddy, Janie!! She keeps me in line everyday!! I'm glad that you came and peaked at the blog, even though I know you're not from Owensboro!!

Calling all chicken recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OK, let the contest begin... I need some new recipes!! Of course, I have full time access to chicken, so ideally, the recipe would have chicken in it. I have to have never had it either! If you send me the recipe that I decide is the fam's favorite, I will send you a surprise!! :) And don't worry, it won't be alive!! HAHA I'm also always on the lookout for good crock pot recipes, so I would love for you to send those my way too!! I find that when I put something on for supper, before I go to school, and I get home and all I have to do is fix the veggie, or bread or something, I am in the BEST mood!! Typically 8 days out of 7, I DON'T do that, but those occasional times I DO, always makes for a happy Jerri!! Email any recipes to jerrinette@gmail.com

The last several days have been busy ones for me, to say the least!! School started as you all know, so that in itself makes me tired, trying to get back into the swing of getting up at the crack of dawn!! Then, this weekend, I had a youth worker's retreat at church. We went to the lake and it was a great, great trip. It made it very evident how small we are and how BIG God is!! Of course, we didn't go to bed early there EITHER, so that added a little "tired" to me. THEN, after church on Sunday, there was a going away party for the youth intern, so we went to it. After getting home, and getting Gra into the bed, then I headed up to the chicken houses. There were just some things that we HAD to get done. I went to one house, and the boys went to another. THIS is how I got the title of today's blog!! Have you ever read the book "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" Well, that's EXACTLY how I felt Sunday night!!!! White Jerri, white Jerri, what do YOU see? I saw ONE raccoon, ONE opossum, THREE dogs, FOUR mice, and 27 THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED chickens looking at ME!!!! Of course, it is dark dark, and I LOVE the dark (not at all), and when I am pulling up to the houses in my van, there is a raccoon running down the road between the houses, heading for the woods. While IN the houses, I not only saw the chicks, but I also saw the mice. I am guessing that 3 of them must have been blind, and the 4th's name was Annie Sullivan, but regardless, I do NOT like mice. THEN, on my way between the houses to start on my next one, there was an OPOSSUM!!!!!! That is like a giant rat with bigger teeth!! Did I mention I hate mice? Well, 'possums are no better, and perhaps worse! I have a possum story about when Garrett was younger that I will share when I am not on my way to his open house at school!! (I found out about it on our way to school this morning-gotta love that preteen communication!!) You just honestly never know what you will see when you walk outside at my house!!

I am sorry that it has taken me a few days to write!! I have been trying to get on for 2 days, and something is going on with the laptop and connection. I am at my mom's writing right now. The last time I checked, there were over 7000 emails in my account, that I haven't been able to read because my desktop is in the shop. I can't get the guy to return my calls, but I am going to continue bugging him until I get him!!!

Send those recipes my way!! Thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife!! love to all!! Jerri

4 comments:

Shanan said...

You know I am all about some competition and I didnt't see a clause in there saying family members not allowed!!! My only stumbling block is finding the right recipe since I don't creatively cook that often. Ha!
How do you want us to send them to you if you can't check your email and one more thing, please make sure that the prize is not "alive!"
Love ya-Shanan

Kristi J said...

Ok, so I know what I'm entering...I'll make it tomorrow night for dinner and then post the recipe...check it out tomorrow night and see if I actually stuck to my dinner plans and made it. Love the post...I always love reading them...27,000 chickens...wow...that's crazy!!kj

Unknown said...

I will have to be thinking what amazing chicken recipes I have. Do we e-mail it to you or just post a comment? I am so glad we met as well. God is good!!! I would love to come out and see your 27,000 chickens-my Jiles would love it also. Praying for you and see you at church tonight, rhea anne

Anonymous said...

JERRI FOWLER!! I LOVE your blog! Blogs are my new fascination! I was reading Kristi Johnson's yesterday and saw the name PRISSY CHICKEN on their and I was like i have to check this out... And when I found out it was you, I was so estatic (big word, i know) So i read your entire blog today, not just one post BUT all of them! I could not resist. I freaked when I saw the CFHusband link on the side! I visit that site everyday and have since last NOVEMBER?!?! Anyways I wore my retainers to work yesterday and it made me think of you :) It was a lil difficult bc I answer the phone all day and well lets just say people just LOVED trying to communicate with me!! See you tonite!

ALi H.

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!