Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A quickie post...

No pictures tonight, just a few words and then BEDDY BYE!! Both kids had games tonight. If you remember from a previous post, Garrett was worried about their success because of all of the players that quite, including their awesome running back. Their score... FORTY FOUR to SIX!! Yep! You read it right! I was trying to make it stand out in number form, and didn't know how, so thought I'd type out the words!! 44 to 6!! Tonight was Gra's first fall softball game. They won too! 6 to 4, and it took every bit of the 80 minutes that they have to get the game played. One inning she played second, one she played third. I think that both of those positions freaked her out a bit! She has only played outfield up til now, and it certainly made her nervous! (Not to mention her mother!) Also... I learned tonight that their batting helmets are also supposed to have those guards in front of them, that sort of make them look like football players! Evidently, by this age, we are worried about their teeth, because of the accuracy, or lack thereof, of the pitchers! What a great mother I am... I had no IDEA I was supposed to have this, so she DIDN'T, and had to borrow one of her friends. Let's just hope it was a good friend that was lice free!! (that is always a concern when you work with elementary friends...)

On a different note... my mom is leaving for what seems like YEARS to go south for the winter (not really) and she is going during prime hurricane season. Yes, Gustav missed where she is going, but Hannah and Ike, or Ivan, or Ishmael, or WHATEVER his name is, are lining up to be next. When those bad news bears hit warm gulf waters (the water is measuring in at low to mid 90's) it is not fun!! SOOOO, pray these little tornadic ocean episodes dissipate before hitting the U.S.!!
Have a great night and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! God bless you all!! Jerri

2 comments:

Shanan said...

If you get home tonight in time and are reading this...watch Palin. She is supposed to be good!
Love ya!
Shanan

Shanan said...

Sorry to turn your message board into a political forum (I was scared it was too late to call) but PALIN ROCKED!!!!!!!! She is my new hero. Hope you got to see her.
Shan :)

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!