Sunday, September 7, 2008

boys and girls... SEPARATE!!









Yesterday, the boys and the girls went their separate ways. Our friend, Tony H, had a couple of extra tickets to the UK game. I am pretty sure when he asked if Shane and Garrett wanted to go, Shane didn't have to think about it even for a moment before answering "YES!" Well, we had to be a little strategic, to make sure that both of us weren't gone for too long, since we have chickens in the houses. I was out like a light when they rolled in last night, but they both told me that they had a great time!! Thanks Tony!! The first picture is before they head out, with Tony and Garrett. Doesn't that stadium just LOOK fun? The other picture is of my boys in the stands. They came home with a 6 pack of ALE 8 (actually, it started OUT as a 6 pack that they were bringing home for me, and when they got here, there were 3 left...) I think, from the story I was told when they had just came in last night, and I was still half asleep, that Shane got hooked on these when he was at trooper academy in Frankfort, and it is a drink that is found in that area. (we don't have it here) It is sort of like a fruity ginger ale. I thought it was good, but... don't tell Shane... It didn't have the wow effect on me that it does on him...

SOOO, while the boys were off at the football game in Lexington, the girls were in Paducah. We left a LOT earlier though! One of the ministries for our youth is called "Material Girls". They get together, and craft and sew. Sometimes for themselves, sometimes for others. Yesterday was a for themselves trip. Graceson got to go, because they needed me to drive the van, and the boys and both sets of grandparents were out of town. Each girl got a placemat, a sewing machine, ribbon and some fu fu trim, and they made themselves a purse!! She did very well, and had a GREAT time! She certainly thought she was grown, hanging out with the youth. When we were finished there, we headed to the mall for lunch, and then they had time to go around shopping a little, before meeting back to head to Hobby Lobby. They all seemed to find "SOMETHING" they needed at HL!! I am afraid that Gra now thinks that every time the big girls get together, she gets to also, but she'll be there soon enough! Youth starts at 6th grade... The last picture is of the purse that they made. I really thought they all did a good job!! I don't know how impressed they are with themselves, but in person, it is REALLY cute! I suggested she make them for teacher gifts for Christmas and we could put their names on them. She didn't think that was the greatest of ideas... Wonder why? As you can see, Conley has her eyes covered in the picture above. Is she shy? Does she not want to be on the blog? Does she not want this picture to come back to haunt her when she is famous? Maybe her purse is lopsided? Who knows!! HAHA These are just a couple of the 7th grade girls that were so nice to Gra while she was there with me. I know when they were out "shopping" without me, they got in one of those picture booths, the comes out in a film strip with 4 photos on it... OH to be young!!





I must finish up and get some laundry in the washer and finish up some things I have to get turned in first thing tomorrow morning! By the way, I got a prize Friday night at Monte Carlo for having the very fewest points. I mean... I think I was about the only one that didn't break 1000. OH WELL, go ME!! I got a prize anyway, and it was chocolate!! Have a GREAT night and I hope you have had a restful Lord's day!! Thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! Jerri

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had fun as well. Girls days are the best. I can't wait to have my little one to do stuff with like shop one day. The UK game looked like fun as well. We are looking for tickets to raffle off for our adoption. How do you purchase them? I have never bought tickets to a game before. Have a good one,

Shanan said...

Just think....Garrett might be playing on a field like that one day!!! (You won't be able to rush onto the field "mama fowler" !!!!)
hahaha! THREE more days until Gra's birthday!
Love yall!
Shanan

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!