Monday, September 15, 2008

Errrr... Richard Simmons?

I had no idea what I was going to post about tonight, and then it occurred to me like a vision!! Today was my third day of WOG (women of God) strength training. Now, I'm not sure that it is making me strong, but it is CERTAINLY making me sore!! Nikki throws in something new each time, so it is NEVER boring!! Back breaking, maybe, but NEVER boring!! Today, I felt a little like Billy Blanks, because we were doing a little kick boxing, or if you were to watch my technique, you may call it, "One legged flamingo having a seizure" moves. So somehow, Heather, another girl that comes each Mon/Fri and I got to talking about Richard Simmons, and would you believe that he was on Letterman tonight? I am still up, because I am waiting for my wash to get done. Garrett only gets to bring his jersey home the night before games, and I assure you, it is funk nasty. I am not sure where the coach keeps it when he strips it off of them after the game, but I feel certain it is in the armpit of a camel. GAG... And the pants and pads... OH don't get me started!! Can you not have hygiene AND play football???? So whenever Garrett gets the chance, he always wants to bring it home for a good Oxy Clean soaking, and a little Tide and Downy thrown in... but I digress.
Heather and I talk about Richard, and I confess that he and I used to share the same hair style. Yes, I had a permed 'fro in the SECOND GRADE!!! What was my mom THINKING? SURELY a 7 year old does not have enough discretion to make the decision to perm or not to perm. FYI, I have no intention to ever post those pix by the way!!
Today we added a few weight machines in the mix too and the Bow Flex was one of them!! I have seen the commercials for Bow Flex, and I am pretty sure in 6 weeks, at only 20 minutes 3x per week, I should weigh about 115, and have the body of goddess, according to the woman that is showing her results. Of course, the commercial didn't MENTION that she started OUT at 116 lbs, and she is a trainer for a living...
Tonight my S-I-L posted on her blog how she is a runner. Let me go on record by saying, "I am NOT". I tried it, I HATED it, I didn't feel invigorated, or liberated, I only felt as though I needed to throw up. It made me sneeze, it made my eyes water and nose run, and it was about as much fun as rolling in hay when you have hay fever. Unless a big dog, or a bad bad man is chasing me, I see no cause to run. EVER. PERIOD. It wouldn't matter if I ran with a runner, ran alone, or was running toward a big cheeseburger, the result would be the same... NO THANKS!!
Well, I need to go hang up the jersey and see if I can wash some of those retched pads! Tomorrow is the CCMS vs HMS game!! Gra won both softball games tonight, FYI!! Have a super night and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! JA

3 comments:

Kristi J said...

I'm with ya...not going to run unless I'm running for my life or my kid's life!!! Just isn't fun to me, kristi

Shanan said...

Richard Simmons hair??? I don't believe you...I want to see the picture!! :) Ok, no more talk about running. I am proud of you for WOG! You are doing great! Keep it up girl!
Love ya! Shan

Unknown said...

I love it!! Your blog is so funny. I need to come to MOG what time does it start?

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!