Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's raining!!!

It is RAINING!!! That is certainly "blog worthy" as it is certainly a blessing!! My yard is about the color of a football, but by tomorrow, it will be at my armpit I am guessing!! Graceson had a game tonight, so I was very glad that they finished playing it before the rain really started. They won!! She walked both times that she got on base, but you would have thought she hit it out of the field!! I will say that once she GETS on base, she is on third before you know it! I am guessing it is because she is so aerodynamic, tiny, and close to the ground! When her team shirt came in (we are the Red Sox), it was a size "YL". She about popped a gasket. There was another little girl whose shirt was a little tight, so her mom and I talked, and after the game, we grabbed the girls and hid them in the corner of the dug out so they could switch shirts. Well, as modest as Gra is, you would have thought I had asked her to walk naked across America, and I thought I was going to have to PHYSICALLY take the shirt off of her. She hesitated like you do when you don't REALLY want to get in the pool because you are afraid it is cold, so you wait, and then get ready to jump in, and then stop and wait again... only to get your courage up, and stop, yet AGAIN! The other little girl was like "OK, here ya go" but I am afraid that I am going to cause Gra to have to have therapy, and no one saw her little naked back but ME!!!
Garrett had f-ball practice, but they didn't practice, they had study hall, because 80% of the players were having "grades" trouble. They had to go to study hall as a team. I guess I am not so team minded, because I am kind of feeling like if you go to the trouble to actually STUDY during the week, and the occasional weekend, and MAKE good grades, then when your TEAM is failing, THEY should go to SH ALONE, because you ALONE made your efforts all along. Obviously, my husband and Garrett's coach disagree with me. Shane says they'll get theirs next week, when they have to run during practice while the kids with grades get to practice. AGAIN, WHAT? Why not just DO that? Oh well, I know, I know. That's why women aren't football coaches I guess...
The "other princess" that resides here HATES the rain. If it wouldn't make you think I was a weirdo, I would take a picture of Lilli, when she goes out to potty in the rain, or when the grass is wet. She goes a bit "Matrix" on me. That is where she is balancing her whole little body (all 4 1/2 lbs. of it) on her to front feet, and her back legs are hovering above the ground, for fear she may get a little wet. Why is it that everyone that is 4 ft or smaller that lives here such divas?
Well, have a great night!! love to all, and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife!! God Bless!! Jerri
P.S. By the way... how 'bout that Palin's speech last night? I was a bit impressed!!!
P.S.S. I signed up last night for a fantasy football league... any suggestions? I have NO idea what I am doing!!

0 comments:

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!