Monday, September 1, 2008

Pot Pie and Pearl

OK, those 2 things really aren't related, but they are the pictures tonight!! My mom decided that she was going to enter a recipe at the very end. Not only did she want ME to take a picture of it, but she wanted me to also type up the recipe for it!! (I think she thought she had it in the bag, because I would also be able to EAT it right then, without having to do it myself!) Well... don't worry (I'm really only talking to the 4 that fix chicken... :o) ) I already told her that she couldn't win. Why? Well, today IS the last day, but that's not why... I *think* I remember saying it couldn't be a recipe that I already had, and I do have that. It really is DELISH!!! It has a pastry topping that is cheesy and buttery. In the pix, you'll also notice she was showing off a bit by using a chicken cut out too!! If you look really closely, you can see to roosters facing each other in the very center of the topping. Anyway, it was YUMMY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for supper mom!!

The next picture is of my only living grandparent. I call her "Granny Pearl". My mom is taking her to my uncle's on Wednesday, so she is at my mom's for a few days.
Graceson starts softball tomorrow night, and her games will be on Tuesdays for sure, so Shane and I are going to have to take turns going to football and softball games. I hate to miss either of their games, but I don't know how else to do it!! Garrett has another game tomorrow night, but they had about 8 players to quit last week, because the coach made them run for missing practice. One of the quitters was the star running back. Why would he mind running? Anyway, Garrett thinks he'll be back, but... probably not in time for TOMORROW'S game, and he's worried about how they'll do... I'll keep you posted.

I want to give a "holler out" to my peeps that signed into the guest book!! That would be my friends, Anteneshia, and Anissa! I am SOOO glad that you both signed in... FINALLY!! Anteneshia, if you'll remember, fixed me up with a "My Space" page, and Anissa tells me that she reads the blog often, but NOW I have proof!! hee hee! It is a lovely picture of both of you and I REALLY love it that you signed! If you are reading this and haven't signed yet, do it RIGHT NOW!!
If you decide you want/need the chicken pot pie recipe, you'll have to call me, because I don't have the energy to type it up for here!! Have a great night and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! Jerri

2 comments:

Shanan said...

The pot pie looks really good! Will you make me one and bring it on out here to Texas? The only chicken my family is seeing right now is chicken noodle soup....the stomach bug stinks!!! Tell your mom that I would be happy to tag a long on her Florida trip if she would like for me to! :)
Love ya!
Shanan

Shanan said...

btw...I forgot to tell you that I love the video. How powerful.
shan

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!