Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vacation Tips...

Here is a picture to make you smile!!
This is Lilli this afternoon in her bed! She has certainly made things easier for the kids! You can see her surrounded by all of her toys, but she is as bad as either of my kids were. If you put everything in her bed, she will start, almost immediately, by taking things out, one at a time, until she has them all out. We have done this 4 or 5 times a day every day this summer!
If you've read Cary, my brother-in-law's, comments about my Moe post, he keeps mentioning "Lester". When Shane and I got married, my wedding present from him was a yorkie puppy that was a little bigger than Lilli. For whatever reason, we agreed that he "looked" like a Lester, and it was settled. The following year, when Shane bought himself a puppy, it only seemed reasonable to settle upon another unique name. His AKC name was "KY Moeducks" Fowler, but we called him "Moe" for short. We did that so that when they were out at the same time, we could holler "MoLester"... Get it? I know, we were young and dumb, but thought we were clever!

I know that I am no travel planner, but I have come up with a dozen or so helpful hints for your next vacation. You may want to book mark this, because when it is time for you to travel, whether it is a week, month, or year, you will think back, and want to know what all I told you not to forget!!
1- ALWAYS bring baby wipes. There are many uses. Don't ask questions... just BRING a LOT
2-Just because your GPS tells you to turn here, it may not ALWAYS be the best choice! (that is a story for when I have more time)
3-If you are smart enough to take something electrical, take all of the necessary accessories (i.e., if you bring the laptop, don't forget the cord!!)
4-Take every medicine that anyone in your household has taken in the last year. This ranges from Imodium to aspirin to Alka Seltzer Cold Plus!! (ask me how I know)
5-No matter what juice you pack to drink on the trip, they will always pick Coke
6- Speedos should be OUTLAWED. They are vulgar, regardless of the wearer.
7-There should be a weight limit for string bikinis (remember, we went to a waterpark). You know, you can't drink unless you are 21? You can't wear strings if you weigh over 130 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS
8-Hotel beds MUST be jumped ON and BETWEEN. Come on, you don't let them do it at home. It's the least you can do!
9-Don't tell kids how much something costs unless you don't mind that everyone they know, knows.
10-NEVER travel without a portable dvd player and movies, if the child is less than 39.
11-Wash as many clothes as you can while you are away, you will be SO happy when you get home!
12-Last but not least, no matter HOW much fun you had, there's no bed like home!!
Have a great night!! Thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! Jerri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Lilli is adorable; and your writing is so entertaining. I like to think your talent runs in the family, but I can't be sure.

Love you to the moon and back.
Aunt Beetle

Anonymous said...

Your travel tips brilliant. Thanks for sharing them.

Kristi J said...

I love this post...I just posted pics of my kids jumping on the beds at our hotel. Too cute. You're a great writer and we had Perdue chicken for dinner tonight and I took a pic for you and will add it to my blog tomorrow night...did it come from your farm if we bought it in Brentwood tonight??kj

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!