Thursday, July 24, 2008

more cheese please!






























I thought I would add a few more pictures to show everyone!! In my blog a couple of days ago, I mentioned all of the wind farms that we saw. I tried to take a picture of them (at 70+MPH) so you could get an idea of what I was talking about. They are HUGE, and they truly were as far as the eye could see!! I am fairly certain, once built, that wind WOULD be easier to farm than chickens!! The top 2 pictures are taken at a cheese shop where we stopped. Since Wisconsin IS famous for cheese, we weren't ABOUT to leave without having some. You wouldn't BELIEVE the selections that they had. There was one counter, that had rows of 1 yr. old cheddar, 2 year old, all the way to TWELVE years old!! I was sort of scared to try that, as I am SURE that it cannot be better than NEW cheddar, but what do *I* know? There is also a picture of the fam in front of the alligator at Noah's Ark waterpark. That is the one that we went to with the 49 slides, but we didn't get that photo that day, because we were too wiped out by the end of the day. This place is a LOT like Gatlinburg, without as many people and without the Dixie Stampede. I think it has almost everything else that Gatlinburg has though!!

Before I go any farther, I'd like to shout out to Tony for signing in the guest book!! I can't believe he thought that my stories would be short, as he knows, as well as everyone else who knows me, that I can make any short story LONG!!! Also, Theresa called me while we while we were here to find out some very important info, so if you see her, check out her eyebrows, and see if they look GREAT!!! :) (it was great talkin' to ya!!)

In my last blog, I mentioned my friends whose kids were in Vanderbilt. I talked to both April and Scott yesterday, and BOTH of them were able to go home yesterday!! THAT is such a blessing!! From Saturday, starting out as they may need to think about dialysis or kidney transplants to getting to go home mid week, is miraculous!! Glad you're in your own beds!!

Finally, the last picture is of my favorite aunt in the whole world. She is a fabulous chef, and that is what she is working on in the photo. It looks as if Uncle Bob is helping her in the photo, but he just was perpetrating. She has many talents, but I would say that cooking is her best! (she'll probably not like the posted photo, but she really doesn't keep up with my blog, so she may or may not ever SEE it!!)

Well, I must go! We've had another GREAT day, but I am afraid that I can smell reality sneaking up on us!! We still have a LOT ahead of us when we return home to get ready for our next flock! Grammy is keeping Lilli for us, and Gra makes sure that she is loving her everyday. Who knows!! Maybe she'll want to invite her over for the weekends now!!!!!!!HAHAHAHA
Thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife!! Love to all!! Jerri

1 comments:

Kristi J said...

Adorable pics...your daughter is soooo tiny!! How old is she?? kj

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!