Monday, October 27, 2008

Tag- I'm it?!?

OK, I am not exactly sure how Kristi decided that *I* was worthy of tagging, but alas... here I am!! Here is the "tag" and the guidelines to follow. I will tell you 7 things you may or may not know about me, and then I tag 7 people to do the same, and I add their list of sites, in the event you'd like to see what their 7 bits of personal trivia is!! OK... let the madness begin... Let's see... 1- In college, I was an AOII (that last letter is supposed to be Pi, by the way), and an AGR little sis. I LOVED going to college and being Greek. I had a hard time in college at first, and I can't be sure that I'd have stayed without it!!

2- I wish my Dad had known my kids and Shane. Sometimes 1 of them will do something, and it will make me think about what he'd have thought about it. This month marks the year, when I have now been without him longer than I had him...

3- I can still do the splits. I know... fat and all... strange isn't it? And furthermore... HOW did I discover that I maintained that skill?

4- My inlaws have "traditions" at Christmas, that I prefer to call "rules". Each Christmas, we go to Shane's aunt's for Christmas Eve. Only the "INLAWS" do the dishes. It is not a secret. The adult females will even say, "I don't have to do the dishes, I am not an inlaw". THEN, in case that's not bad enough, you are assigned a table. The "head" table is for the matriarch, patriarch, etc. Well, Shane is the oldest grandchild, so since MeMaw died this spring, he is slated to move into the room with the head table. Now, I didn't say, "WE would be moving to the head table", I said, "SHANE". OK, AGE wise, Cary would be next after the next person died, before I would, because he is older than me, so Shanan and I would be in the next room, while Cary and Shane would be eating somewhere else. Shane and I have already reviewed this situation. He moves sans me, he GOES sans me... I don't think it's too much to ask to eat with your wife of the eve of Jesus' birth, but that's just me. OHHHH, and one last "tradition" is that you get in LINE to fill your plates, according to birth order as well. What this means for mothers of young children, is that you cannot fill their plates while you are getting yours. SOOOO, I would be behind Cary, who is behind Shane, but Garrett and Gra, even when they were little, couldn't eat, until I filled my plate, went and set it at my "name tag" and then got back up and got in line where their ages would place them. I didn't have hot food for about the first 8 years of their lives!!

5- I like to embroidery. I added a picture of some burp cloths I did tonight. If you'll remember the surprise supper we had for my friend, Bev, a few weeks ago, they are for her. They didn't decide until about yesterday, what they were going to name this sweet baby, so I haven't been able to do anything with his name on them until tonight!! I am going to hold him tomorrow, Lord willing, after my cut and color!!
6- I rode "The Zipper" at the fair without knowing that I was pregnant with Garrett. I guess that explains a LOT!! That was the LAST time I have been on a fair ride, and that was in '95!!
7- I lasted 8 seconds on a mechanical bull in Mexico. I was with Paige Parker and our kids, and Terry and Shane were out SCUBA diving, so I thought I'd live on the edge!! **Note to self** if I ever am stupid enough to get on one of these creatures again, wear a jogging bra!!
OK!!! What do you guys think? That wasn't too painful!! I am now going to "tag" 7 folks, and see if I can learn some fun stuff about them too!! Have a great night and thanks for sharing some random moments in the life of the prissy chicken's life!! love to all!! Jerri

8 comments:

Shanan said...

Ok, I just laughed so hard my stomach hurts....I was just kidding about the traditions but you wrote about it!!! Too funny!!!You just have to be a Fowler to experience that!!! I am also impressed by the bull riding and splits!!! PLEASE tell us how you discovered that you can still do that?! Glad we are SIL's AND AOPi sisters!!! You are a 'Rose Ever Blooming'!!!!
love ya, Shanan

Tiffany said...

I love that you tagged me! I need to get to it....

#2 got me all choked up!

Kristi J said...

ok, I laughed the whole way through...so funny. I had no idea you knew about the Hallmark incident...what a funny thing. yes, it scared the crud out of me, but I know now that i'd fight till the end if someone was out to get me (: I'm tough like that , ha. Loved your 7 things...the xmas stuff had me rolling...so funny, kj

AmyLoveColley said...

Ok, that was tooo funny! What about shooting off the fireworks at Christmas??? Do they still do that? Ok, I'm tagged now by you and Shanan,but it will be tonight before I can post. Be looking for it! Have a wonderful day!

P.S. I can still do the splits too!!

Shanan said...

AMy...Yes!!! We still shoot those fireworks and I am the mean mom that won't let my kids go out for long because It is late....it is COLD....and I am scared to death that something will happen!!!

btw Jerri, when Cary called last night I made him go to your blog and read that! He cracked up as well, especially about Shane moving up to the next table! He probably can't wait himself to get to go in there and sit with Uncle Mick so they can see who can tell the "tallest" tale!!! Ha ha ha!!

Oh yeah, you forgot to write about the picture....remember when only the "Fowlers" were in a picture with Memaw??? We weren't blood so we weren't in it! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

JERRI
I HAVE SEEN HOW HUNGRY YOUR KIDS WERE SO I THINK I REMEMBER LETTING YOU CUT LINE SO YOUR FOOD HAS BEEN HOTTER THAN MINE FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS. HIDE THE SALT FROM A CERTAIN SOMEONE THIS YEAR PLEASE. HA HA. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WASH ANOTHER DISH IF YOU DECIDED TO SMOKE. YOU COULD GO TO THE SMOKIN ROOM AND HANG WITH QUI QUI.JUST WONDERING, HOW MANY DEVILED EGGS DO YOU THINK ROSE HAS EATEN?
CARY

Unknown said...

That was great.. loved the bull, stupid Christmas rules, and the all the other neat stuff I didn't know. Now I have to do it.. great!! Whose left to even send it to? Oh well-I will try and get it done tonight. Have a good week,

Lesa said...

Thanks for tagging me! I have just posted mine. I enjoyed reading yours - you are so a hoot! I laughed out loud at the Christmas rules. That could made into National Lampoons Christmas 2!

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!