Sunday, October 26, 2008

Free range chicken... I mean HORSE

Living in the country, you are never sure what you may see. You'll see this picture, and think "Ah, a lovely picture of a horse, grazing in the field, it's picturesque, it looks as if it's sunset, or maybe sunrise". OK, you probably won't think ANY of those words, but roll with it, k? Anyway, YES, that would be such a pleasant picture to see when you gaze out upon your field, but alas... that's not where I was gazing!! This is the view from my FRONT PORCH this morning when I let Lilli out. YES, that IS our horse, and YES, he DOES have a field, but he wasn't in it. Lucky decided the grass was greener I guess, so this is where I found him this morning!! Free range horse? I guess!! Now, at least there is just one of him, because there have been MANY times, that Shane would be off state trooping somewhere, my neighbor would call or come down, I'd be on my way to Concord Baptist Church in a dress, and have to hike it up to my thighs, to get my legs across the 4 wheeler to chase the 55 GOATS back into their pen when they got out. One as opposed to 55, is an easier task!! Here is another fun photo that I snapped today!!
This is a picture of Sadie, our dog that adopted us. It was no secret when we got her, that wherever she was before, she was a princess. How she landed in Fruit Hill, we'll never know, but she is TRULY a sweet heart. At first, I was a bit nervous about her being here, but now, it feels like she's always been ours! Tonight when I went to the car to get my jump drive and a few books out of it, She was laying on one of the shelves on a book case in the garage just shivering. It is supposed to get to almost freezing tonight, and each time the door is open, she DOES try to get in, so I thought I'd let her in and see what happened. She went IMMEDIATELY to Lilli's bed and circled it about 3 times, before twisting her big self into a position to lie down. Now remember, Lilli weighs in at 4 1/2 lbs. and I'd say Sadie is about 65 lbs. She didn't even CONSIDER the floor!! She just laid there and looked at Lilli while she was being the big "Alpha dog" and barking like a maniac. Lilli hadn't been in the bed all night, but I think she is going to hate Sadie before it's all over!!
Well guys, I am beat... Shane and I divided the houses today, so I only walked 2, but the boots KILL my feet!! I hope you all had a GREAT weekend and have a SUPER week!! Thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! Love to all!! JA

3 comments:

Kristi J said...

you've been tagged, kj

Shanan said...

Ok, I am still out of it...what does Kristi's comment mean? I better go check her blog. You need to frame that pic. for Gra. That is a really pretty pic.
Love ya!
Shanan

Unknown said...

hey I left a comment on the last post. sorry... Love reading your blog.. have a great week!!!

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!