Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is it time?

Is it just me or do you think it is time that Shane fix the horse pen fence? It is about TWENTY degrees outside, and our heat is not working. I am wearing gloves, a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and a toboggan, and that is IN the house. The kids heat is working fine upstairs, buy I am afraid by morning, it will feel like Antarctica down here!! So I am getting ready to do my nightly routine and go to bed. Part of that routine includes letting Sadie in to sleep in the bathroom (her hair is pretty short, AND, if someone ever broke in, I am pretty hopeful that she'd kill them), and letting Lilli out one last time. I let her out, and she starts growling. I can hear something that sounds like a tyrannosaurus eating tree tops, but I am not ABOUT to turn on the light. Just about then, something at the edge of the porch triggers the motion detector on the light and it comes on. This is what scared me to DEATH!!!

YEP!! That is Lucky!! He is the same horse you saw a few days ago that was in the front yard! He was returned to his pen, but VOILA, he is a bit Houdini like, I see!! I got my flu shot today, had my hair cut and colored, and got to see precious Cooper Thomas Fort tonight. He is a GORGEOUS baby!! I could have sat and rocked all night!!! I am beat, and better go and find the Sand Man!! I hope you all have had a great day and thanks for sharing a moment in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! Jerri

3 comments:

Kristi J said...

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment this week (couldn't remember if I'd thanked you yet or not)...all the sweet messages made the day lots better. Loved your post, kristi

Anonymous said...

I miss your post!! Hope you are okay-haven't talked with you in a while. Sara

Kristi J said...

ok..so I'm waiting....where are you??? are you tired of blog land already??kj

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!