Thursday, November 27, 2008

What a crazy, busy, beautiful day it has been!! It was sunny, and fairly warm. Warm enough to swing with the kids for a little while in just a t-shirt on the back porch!! We were out there, because I was helping Shane put the cover on the swimming pool. YES, it IS very late, and it has been "officially" closed for a few weeks, as far as the pipes blown out and plugged, and chemicals in and all, but I MAY have had to stay on Shane for a few days to get the cover on, so finally, after I agreed to help/do it, then he was ready to get it finished up!! Go figure!!!

The above picture is of Kristi Johnson and I eating lunch this past weekend. (It was the first day I broke out the Christmas sweater!!) She was in for her nephews birthday party, so we decided to try to hook up to eat and catch up. It was a GREAT time! We ate at Livingston's butcher and deli shop, and it was quite tasty, and it was a little hard to eat, with all of the talking we had to get accomplished in the short amount of time we had before her party!! We have been friends for a LONG time, as she is best of friends with a cousin of mine, but connected as of late, through the "blog world"!! If you don't read her blog, it is certainly worth the read. It makes me tired reading all that she does with her 4 children. They are #10 on the list to adopt a FIFTH child from Ethiopia, so she CERTAINLY is inspiring!! You can either click on at the left of my page, or you can click http://weloveourlucy.blogspot.com/ and get there too!! Thanks again Kristi!! When I dropped her off, I went by my friend Beverly's and got to hold baby Cooper for a little while, so that made all things wrong in the world, right!!
The picture to the right is to show you another project that I had this week. If you will remember from a previous post, this is the pit bull that adopted us. Well Sadie obviously was the princess at her old abode, and every time she came in, she found our princess Lilli's little bed, or even her kennel. This is a pillow for her that I made and it is more appropriate of a size!! I did something today that I have NEVER done before, but I have decided in this day and age, and with community happenings in the last month, was necessary. Last week, a glass company came to school and replaced my windshield... IN the parking lot!!! Is that a service or WHAT?!?! When my boys went to TX to visit Cary and Shanan, they brought me home a gift. It was a crack in my windshield. Well, what started out as 6 inches long, ended up completely across the windshield after it got cold the first time here. Well, it WAS great, except that after it was replaced, it must not have sealed properly or something, because the sound of wind was whistling in SO loudly, that you couldn't hear the radio good without turning it up a bit. So... short story long... they came BACK to RESEAL, but they came to the house instead of school. When the guy called this morning to tell me he was on his way, I told him to be sure and call me when he was in the driveway, because I had a dog that I needed to put up before he got out... Can you believe I did that? Whenever we get out of the car, she is barking her head off, and runs to the garden to let the weeds know we are home... I am going to do that from now on though. I found when Shane had the K-9 with HPD, bad guys and people in general were a LOT more afraid of his dog than his gun.
We've certainly had a busy week, and certainly a busy day, but it was a FANTASTIC busy day because I was OFF!!! Friday night our friend Tony celebrated his 40th birthday with surprise party that was a great time, and then I went to see a local production of Beauty and the Beast Saturday night. I know my friend, Ali H, reads this from time to time, so I want to make sure she knows and everyone else knows that it was GREAT!!! I LOVE to watch her dance, as it looks so effortless when she does it. I, on the other hand, look more like a frog in a blender, so GREAT job Al!! THEN... I got started on Sunday, with my HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS!! The whole fam LOVES them, and Shane has gotten somewhat spoiled to having them atop sweet potatoes. YES, they ARE a pain, and YES, you CAN get jet puffed at Wal-Mart for less than $1, but there is NO COMPARISON to the tastes!! I promise!! I am up so late tonight, waiting for the sweet potatoes to get done baking, so I can get them mashed and ready for tomorrow's casserole!!
Tonight I also went to my first night of YOGA!! I was really thinking, "How hard can this be?" But let me assure you... I KNOW now, and I am already SORE, and I haven't even gone to bed yet, so imagine tomorrow!! Belly dancing ended last week, and I am doing this with some of the same girls from the photo in my last post. It is not NEARLY as loud, but JUST as funny. The instructor seems nice, but is very serious. Everyone was supposed to be breathing and chanting, but I was looking around, seeing if everyone was "breathing and chanting" with their eyes closed... YES, some of them thought it was as odd as me!! One exercise, we were on our bellies, arched our backs reached behind us and grabbed our ankles, and then lifted our knees. (We were supposed to look sort of like "O's" I think... We were supposed to relax between counts, but I was afraid if I let go of my ankles, I wouldn't be able to capture them again, so I just held that position until it was over... not fun...
THEN, I got home, and while I was watching "What happens in Vegas" (I brought Shane and I and the kids home a movie from Yoga), I monogrammed our stockings. I am going to put our name on the tree skirt too, but didn't get to that yet. I did one for mom too, because I am planning on her spending the night Christmas Eve, she just doesn't know it yet!! (GOT IT MOM?) This skirt and stockings are from Pottery Barn and I LOVE how they look!! Last year AFTER Christmas, I got them on Ebay with other people's names on them. I carefully picked out the other names, and sewed ours on top. YES, it was a pain, but I saved SOOOO much $$, I couldn't resist!!!
Well all, I have to get in the bed... (AFTER I get the potatoes done)... I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving, and remember all of the things that you have to be thankful for today, and every day of the year!! love to all, and thanks for sharing a WEEK in the life of the chicken farmer's wife!! Jerri

2 comments:

Kristi J said...

Thanks for the free publicity...you are so sweet even if our pic is so much better of you than me....I really need to start fixing my hair and wearing makeup..but unsure if I'll ever get around to it...
I want to try one of those marshmallows too..yummy..and I've nver tried Yoga...looks painful, happy turkey day, kristi

Shanan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I tried to call you a couple of times today but couldn't get ya! Cary wanted to know if you got his Text Picture that he took and sent for you and Shane?!?!?! Hope you two had a great day! Love yall-Shan

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!