Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random thoughts

I could try and tell you what has gone on in the past few weeks that I haven't posted, but I think that would take a BOOK's worth of space, so I'll just hit a couple of the high lights!! Before I go any further, I have to take a second to shout out to Bridget and Ladonna!! I want to thank both of you girls for taking a moment to sign in, so that I know that I am not writing to cyber space!! Come back anytime, and if you know of others, encourage them to sign in!! ALSO, if you will notice, my last post had ELEVEN comments!! That THRILLS my soul- so keep commenting!! This first picture is of a few of my favorite people, with whom I have spent the past several Thursdays. Yes, it is my belly dancing group, and for the 6 of you that voted, I'll give you more details in an email!! This class is over, and they are offering an "advanced" belly dancing in January. Now, don't get me wrong, I am sure that I am "advanced", but I don't know if it is in the belly dancing way, if you know what I mean!! We felt VERY official, all the way down to our scarves, covered in coins, so that we could hear ourselves jingle...
Another event that has taken up a bit of our time is the chili festival for school. I have included a picture of this, so you can see what I spent some time doing that evening. If you know anything about me, you know that I am hot natured, so I can assure you, that by the end of the night, I thought I may spontaneously burst into flames. The good news is that I didn't!! I helped with several things for the festival, but I am adding the picture to the one I mainly did that night. The kids had an opportunity to tape the principal to the wall with duct tape. It was a HUGE hit, and she really did "hang" there until we cut her down!! I didn't really see the fam that night, but I feel like they had a good time. Shane, I'm sure, sat in a corner with his buddy Ted, solving the world's problems, and discussing very important hunting issues.
I also had a conversation with Shane last week, that went something like this: S- "Guess what!?!?!" I am hoping it is something like "I've finally played the lottery, and I got the million dollar powerball", but never fear, it was NOTHING like that!! So, Jerri says, "What?!?!" (again, not have a CLUE it is going to go the way it does) Shane- "Mr. Coker is giving us a COW!!!" (ok, here is excitement, that I can't seem to read, nor understand) J-"A COW? WHY does he want to give us a COW?!?" S-"Because she's PREGNANT!" J-"Again, WHY does he want to give us a PREGNANT cow?" S-"Oh, because she has mastitis, and won't be able to feed the calf" So I say, "And we WANT this cow?" S-"YES, Mr. Coker says she makes pretty babies, and we can have her AND the calf!!" I then say something like, "You mean, the mama cow, and the DEAD baby calf, because she can't feed him" and he says, "OH, we are taking her, so that we can BOTTLE feed the baby. The kids can feed the baby, and then when we sell her, they can get the money." (Now, this may be a good idea, if I thought that would HAPPEN. I am certainly not a prophet, but I know how this is going to play out. They will feed the baby about 1 week, get tired of it, and GUESS who gets to feed ONE MORE THING here... I think we both know!!!
The final picture I thought I'd throw in for fun. As you know, our newest family member, seems to have been used to being in the house at her previous home. If you remember, a few weeks ago, I posted a picture of her in a little ball, trying to sleep in Lilli's bed. She is obviously used to having a bed of her own, because of where she tried to sleep one day last week. Garrett grabbed the camera and snapped a picture of her in the kennel where we put Lilli when we leave, or when she sleeps at night. She looked like Houdini, trying to contort herself in way that was comfortable, but she stayed that way for HOURS!! She seems to have weaseled her way into our hearts and home, so enjoy the picture!!!
Well, I am spent, so I must get in the bed. I actually embroidered my FIRST Christmas present tonight!! I thought I was really ahead, but it wasn't for a gift *I* was giving, so it doesn't really help me, but it is at least something I won't have to do later!! I hope everyone has a GREAT night, and thanks for sharing a day in the life of the chicken farmer's wife! love to all!! Jerri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You took the class with the "YOUNG" sisters! I'm loving it! Thanks for the post. Now if I could only get back to mine! Have a wonderful day! Amy

Kristi J said...

Love the cow idea...my kids would love it..(for about a week)...I add orphans....you add cows and chickens...just more mouths saying they're hungry (:
ok, so i'm coming in Saturday...are you up for lunch?? 11:30 somewhere..I have to be at Karson's baby's first b-day party at 1:00...are you up for it?? if not, we can do it again..so let me know if you're available...and wouldn't it be great if Nancy was free..does she do nails and toes on Sat.?? kristi

trodgers said...

You go Jeri!!! I love the duct tape idea that looked like it was a lot of fun for the kids..Good luck with the cow thing too!!

Kristi J said...

ok..so your pic is so cute on my blog..and I couldn't look worse...bad angle on me or something...looking rough!! (:
Anyways..thanks for lunch it was great!!! kj
ps..thanks for your sweet comment

Slow Fade

Mooses and go carts - OH MY

Our GREAT day @ the H2O Park!!

Patti's pix

Graceson at horse camp - June '08

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

My football fella, holding the 4 1/2 lb princess, Lilli

Please let me know you're here!!